Subash Ludhra is a Past President and former vice-chair of the Board of Trustees of the Chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
A Chartered Fellow of IOSH, Subash has a wealth of experience in risk management, having worked across a range of sectors and disciplines in a truly diverse 30-year career to date.
Having qualified originally as an occupational hygienist, Subash started his professional career in local government before moving on to the brewing industry, working for Grand Metropolitan and Courage Brewing as their regional SHE Manager. His next career move led him to Rentokil Initial, where he spent eight years, the last two as a board director within Initial Catering Services.
In 2002, Subash founded a successful risk management and loss control consultancy that provides services to blue chip companies, as well as to a large number of SMEs, around the world.
Subash is an experienced health and safety trainer and public speaker. He contributes regularly to a number of health and safety publications as well as writing the successful ‘Common sense guide to…’ series of books published by Routledge:
- Common Sense Guide to Health & Safety at Work
- Common Sense Guide to Health and Safety in Construction
- Common Sense Guide to Environmental Management
- Common Sense Guide to Fire Safety and Management
- Common Sense Guide to International Health and Safety
- Common Sense Guide to Health and Safety for the Medical Professional
He has been involved in the production of several health and safety documents for trade associations and for the Health and Safety Executive.
Outside the world of work, Subash was a public member of Network Rail (2008-11), is a serving Magistrate and a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA).
An experienced trainer, he has a unique ability to captivate his audiences, as the feedback shows:
- ‘Fantastic trainer who totally engaged and motivated the group.’
- ‘Subash again performed with knowledge, information and humour.’
- ‘Very well presented. I think the subject was demonstrated in a manner that meant all attendees were able to absorb and understand all items covered.’
- ‘I actually quite enjoyed the course!!’
- ‘A good course, excellent content and very well paced.’
- ‘Subash was extremely knowledgeable – a H&S encyclopaedia.’
- ‘A lot more interesting and engaging than expected!’
- ‘The speaker clearly had a significant breadth and depth of understanding and experience of the subject.’
- ‘Excellent use of case studies and ‘real life’ examples. A real professional.
Subash is based in Berkshire and works across the UK and, indeed, internationally.