Paul is an experienced trainer and a visiting lecturer on the Henley Business School MBA programme. His areas of expertise include strategic and financial planning; corporate governance; board and director development; financial modelling; deal negotiation; performance management and leadership skills. He researches and writes courses on these topics, delivering training to private and public sector delegates from many regions and backgrounds, working regularly in the UK and Middle East.
Paul is also a highly experienced business executive: after training in world class companies, including Asda, H J Heinz and Pfizer, he became Regional Financial Controller for a leading oil services company. He subsequently gained more than twenty years’ experience as a main board director of a number of global media, publishing and retail companies.
Paul has board level experience in high growth businesses: he was part of a senior management team that built a start-up business from annual sales of $10m to be sold for more than $200m. In other board director roles he was involved in dealing with significant industry change, evolving market channels and supply chains.
Using his hands-on experience of board level strategic and financial planning, corporate governance, investment and acquisition decision-making Paul brings his training courses to life with realistic case studies and vivid examples from real businesses. He has delivered a range of training programmes on our behalf for such clients as the Nigerian Customs Office, PPL, Stevenage Leisure, Brightwell Dispensers Ltd, Oktra, GE Energy Management, Scott Bader (training delivered in both the UK and Dubai), Rawlings Opticians, McLennan Servo Supplies, Fresenius, Connect Vending, Zoetis, Reviss, Quarr Group, The Wine Society, etc.
Paul is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, a Chartered Global Management Accountant and is also a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management.
He is based in Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire and works across the UK and internationally.
Feedback from Paul’s workshops
- ‘It certainly gets you thinking.’
- ‘Excellent course.’
- ‘Practical and factual content that is relevant to the role of director.’
- ‘Very knowledgeable and interesting.’
- ‘Easy going, knowledgeable in this field and very likeable. Thank you.
- ‘Knowledgeable and clear communicator.’
- ‘Good course to provide a broad oversight of directorship.’
- ‘Useful as primary introduction to broader understanding of director and board.’
- ‘Informative and covered core requirements.’
- ‘Concise, informative and interesting.’
- ‘Experienced, well delivered.’
- ‘Well presented, informative and very knowledgeable.’
- ‘Articulate – knowledgeable.’
- ‘Very informative, covered everything I needed to know.’
- ‘A good balance of legal and financial background without being over scary.’
- ‘Good delivery and pace – good knowledge of subject.’
- ‘Good knowledge of associated subjects.’
- ‘Very knowledgeable and presents with good humour.’
- ‘Very informative / enjoyable.’
- ‘Very informative and thought-provoking.’
- ‘A good overview of corporate governance and board composition.’
- ‘Good insight to corporate governance.’
- ‘Excellent overview of board and company structure and related legal responsibilities of a director.’
- ‘Very informative.’
- ‘Informative, interesting and stimulating.’
- ‘Very good.’
- ‘Likeable and focused.’
- ‘Good and effective delivery with references to everyday examples.’
- ‘He was very clear and concise and personable.’
- ‘Very informative.’
- ‘Friendly, knowledgeable and integrated well with our team.’
- ‘Relevant case studies.’
- ‘Very knowledgeable trainer and ran at good pace.’
- ‘Very helpful.’
- ‘A very good overview of the company governance and finance.’
- ‘Very informative, explains structures in easy to understand way, especially with in-depth knowledge.’
- ‘Clear, professional and knowledgeable.’
- ‘Experienced, with good level of knowledge.’
- ‘Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.’
- ‘He is very good, explains things simply so you can understand and have time to ask any questions.’
- ‘Difficult topic made accessible.’
- ‘I will feel more confident going to board meetings from now on!’
- ‘Very knowledgeable and friendly! Made the day enjoyable and kept it interesting.’
- ‘Very knowledgeable and engaging.’
- ‘Knowledgeable and charismatic person.’
- ‘Experienced trainer, giving examples and space for sharing experience.’
- ‘Pro! No doubt!’
- ‘Well-paced and entertaining.’