David helps senior teams with their strategic focus, relationships and collective approach by building and accelerating their effectiveness as a team. He has considerable experience of consultancy in leadership, top team dynamics, talent development and learning programme direction across a range of industries. He believes passionately in the value of continuous learning and development as a significant contributor to business performance.
With 20 years of experience designing, delivering and evaluating development programmes, David designs and facilitates learning processes that are both challenging and supportive, delivering exceptional results. He has delivered excellent senior leadership, management and business performance solutions for organisations with a range of cultures. He has consulted with Jaguar Land Rover, Best Buy, Argos, Siemens, Glaxo Smith Kline (Belgium), National Grid, Coutts Private Bank (Switzerland), American Express, Barclays, Royal Bank of Scotland, Deutsche Bank, The Arts Council, Network Rail Finance team, Volvo, Honda (UK), Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong), Tamer Group (Saudi Arabia), SITA (Global), LaSalle, Aberdeen City Council, Lloyds of London, Centrica, Carphone Warehouse, Co-operative Bank, LV=, Ulster Bank, Nat West, etc, etc. He has a very strong and broad experience. David has been a guest speaker at the HR Leaders Forum and two ‘best practice’ case studies have been published about his profiling and facilitation work.
Areas of specialisation
Design and facilitation of interventions within the key areas of change leadership, coaching and accelerating executive team performance, leadership and management development, talent management and performance management.
David’s mix of strategic knowledge and practical experience of leading teams and many major significant learning projects enable him to help others through similar challenges. As Executive Programmes Director he successfully led the design and delivery of a number of high quality development solutions that have demonstrated exceptional return on investment. Working with London Business School he directed a highly successful series of executive development programmes reaching 250 senior leadership talent executives which generated considerable and measurable value.
Before his consulting career, David worked in HR arenas in a wide range of roles within different sectors of the Barclays Group, David has gained valuable leadership experience including talent management, training operations, evaluation strategies and assessment/development centre design. He also progressed his career by successfully leading a number of sales and service teams within Corporate and Retail banking.
This mix of strategic knowledge and practical experience of leading many major learning projects enable him to help others through similar challenges.
Qualifications and training
David is professionally qualified and accredited to advanced levels by Team Management Systems for the use of all team and leadership development profiling tools. High quality facilitation to board level of these interventions ensures accelerated team development and high performance levels delivering tangible results. He is also accredited for the use of a range of Thomas International PPA Profiling Tools, including DiSC.
High quality facilitation to board level of these interventions ensures accelerated team, and individual development that delivers high performance levels with tangible results.
An accomplished and experienced coach, David has worked with leaders at various stages in their development, with a focus on personal growth to improve individual and business performance through change leadership.
See some of the comments from participants attending David’s programmes:
- There is great enthusiasm across the group. An inspiration for the future and it’s in our hands. Demonstrates what’s impossible is achievable.
- A really valuable experience – this will change me!
- A really inspiring event – a lot more looking at myself and the impact that I have in a change area.
- The common element within these was the practical application and examples that were used to demonstrate the theory. All sessions were particularly participative. Bringing together people from such a diverse working background was excellent and added to the overall experience of the event.
- A fantastic learning opportunity and time to reflect on how the learning will impact your role and others. Great network opportunities.
- Very different learning to anything I have been exposed to before. Does what it says on the tin.
- Fantastic opportunity to gain access to colleagues around the group. Excited by the opportunity to make a difference through the business challenge. Real challenge will be to apply methods and learning.
- Very inspiring and well led event. Great to see such incredible talent within the group brought out by the facilitator.
- Great week. Really thought provoking. Absolutely the right time for me. Great networking as well. This will be a life changing experience.
- A fantastic programme. A real luxury to have my mind stimulated with ideas. I have learnt a lot.
- More intense than anything else I have done and has made me think more than anything else I have done.
- A mind stretching week. Incredible to get the different perspectives from everyone there and has made me think about what does matter and what is important.
- Great programme! The best I’ve been on in years. The quality of the teaching is great and it’s great to have the calibre of people on the course.
- Challenging in different ways and provoked a lot of thought about each session. I was completely captivated.
- The best programme I’ve ever attended. Great knowledge and experience.
- Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else I have done. Is much more about just presenting myself and this programme is streets ahead.
David is based in Northamptonshire and works across the UK and internationally.