Amanda is a consultant, trainer and coach with an in-depth understanding of organisational sustainability and change in the VCSE and public sectors, gained through personal experience and professional practice. She works mainly with small and medium-sized VCSE organisations using a range of training, facilitation, consulting and coaching approaches that encompass boards, senior staff, employees and volunteers.
Amanda’s previous roles have included working in the sector in front-line, management and leadership positions at local and national level, including two assistant directorships. After 15 years of enjoying these positions, Amanda set up her own consultancy practice in 2003. She is also Chair of the board and a Director of a Community Interest Company which provides enterprise support and training for the VCSE sector in the south-east region, including training on governance, leadership, ‘soft skills’ manager training, and tailored training projects. Amanda facilitates board away-days for trustees and recently provided organisational development consultancy and coaching support to two Cabinet Office-funded VCSE boards and staff over a twelve-month period.
Amanda’s VCSE clients include a wide range of organisations such as Wellingborough Homes, Together Housing, North Herts Homes, Black Sheep, Horizons Hub, Surrey Community Action, Different Strokes, Northampton Partnership Homes, Stevenage Leisure, Play England, YMCA, SAAVS, Wycombe Heritage and Arts Trust, Cockpit Arts, Social Business Alliance, Surrey & Borders NHS, etc.
Her qualifications include:
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Practice
- Chartered Fellow CIPD
- Certified NLP Business Practitioner
- Certificate in Resource Based Therapies
- NVQ Level 4 Training and Development (Learning and Development)/LicIPD
- Level 4 Award, Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Certificate in High Performance Coaching
- IiP Internal Advisor
Her publications include:
- Leaders’ Guide – A tool for Youth Workers, Managers and Volunteers, NACYP Publications, 1999
- Baseline – Handbook and Toolkit: Setting up and Running a Youth Club, CYP Publications, 2010
- An Introduction to Enterprise Mentoring, SFEDI Group and Essential Business, 2011
- Get Mentoring and the Get Mentoring Pocketbook, SFEDI Group and Essential Business, 2011
- Chartered Fellow CIPD
- Fellow IoEE
- Member International Coaching Network and EMCC
Amanda is based in Milton Keynes and works throughout the UK.